Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman

Default How long to run RainBird sprinklers

In article .com,
"grodenhiATgmailDOTcom" wrote:

We have a RainBird sprinkler system installed for lawn irrigation and I
was wondering ABOUT how long to run each zone to get 3/4 - 1 inch of
water. I know there's a ton of variables (water pressure, head type,
etc). But I'm looking where to start with the typical rotary (non
impact) head (T-Bird) doing a 180 degree sweep. My house has "normal"
water pressure and there are 4 heads/zone.

I have an old system with some of the Maxi-Paw, etc. so I probably
won't be able to help you directly. When I had that question, I started
one the zones for half an hour, put down a regular water glass and
measured how much was there and figured it up from there.