Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default How to deal with flea in carpet?

Michael Daly wrote:
On 19-Jun-2006, Lar wrote:

Two years after the
pets are gone is too long for the fleas to continue.

I had a neighbour with a flea-ridden cat (duplex house) and my unit was
infested with them for several years after the cat left. The fleas don't
live very long, but the flea eggs can lie dormant for a long time.

You have to kill the *******s, then wait a couple of weeks and do it again. The
first time will nuke the mature fleas. Waiting two weeks to do it again will
allow the eggs to hatch but not give them enough time to sexually mature. That
way you break the reproduction cycle.

I'm rather fond of insect bombs you set and leave for a few hours. I set off
several of them and go to work. When I come home the little beggars are all
dead.... at least that's what I used to do when I had a cat. I haven't had a
summertime flea problem in many years. My dog doesn't seem to have the problem.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE