Posted to alt.home.repair
PanHandler

Default Two dryers - one vent?

wrote in message
oups.com...
First of all, thanks to all who responded to my previous question about
basement floors, your responses were extremely informative. Thank you
guys, you're awesome!

I have one more quick question: I am installing a second dryer in the
laundry room, and my HVAC guy tells me that he can't attach the new
dryer to the vent for the existing dryer and will need to run a new
separate vent. I'm curious as to what the reasons would be for not
sharing a vent between two dryers. (The HVAC guy couldn't give me an
explanation). Thanks!

My cheap boss once tried this with rest room exhaust vents - the men fouled
the ladies' room and vice versa.