Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW

Default Failure of component that seems to incorrectly marked.

On 18 Jun 2006 07:10:23 -0700 "
wrote in Message id:
. com:

Our end customer is seeing failures of a intersil 82c87 Octal inverting
transceiver which is behaving like a non inverting transceiver (82c86).
We have opened up the component and the die is marked 82C86. The part
may have been marked incorrectly,rebadged or is counterfeit. Has anyone
else encountered this or can recommend a way of detecting counterfeit
components?

I haven't seen this happen before, but I'd be interested in the rest of
the markings on these mis-marked chips, if you wouldn't mind. We still use
those parts on an old CPU board of ours.

Thanks.