Stuart Wheaton

Default Pearl Harbor

Mike Patterson wrote:

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:42:02 GMT, PhysicsGenius
wrote:

Mike Patterson wrote:

I have the impression that you are one of the folks who believe that
the invasion of Iraq was based on a false claim of Iraqi complicity in
the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

No, I'm one of the folks who believe that the invasion of Iraq was based
on a false claim of Iraqi ownership of WMDs.

Oy. You're either a troll or oblivious to the world around you.

As my sig indicates, the questions isn't "were there Iraqi WMD?", it's
"where ARE they?". Are they still in Iraq? In Iran? Jordan? London?
Israel? New York harbor?

They weren't anywhere where they posed an immediate threat. Nobody used
one, not the fedyin, not the republican guards, they didn't have them on
the front lines to be found when we over-ran their positions, none were
released as we shelled them, no resistance fighter has had any access to
them, Uday and Qusay didn't have any.

Prior to the war, we knew where much of saddam's nuclear ( or nukular if
you prefer) material was. The IAEA had secured it near Baghdad. We
also knew of a facility where Saddam conducted nuclear exposure
experiments.

At the conclusion of the war, we secured the offices of the OIL ministry
before we attempted to stop the looting of the Dirty bomb components at
the IAEA site. Much of that is now missing or dumped on the ground so
people could steal the barrels. By the time we got around to visiting
the exposure facility, Cobalt sources were missing! And even now at
least 50 known ammo dumps are unsecured, allowing anybody to waltz in
and pick up a dozen RPG's and missiles and walk away with
them...Supposedly we have enough troops there? This is where the bombs
that kill half a dozen Americans a week are coming from!

And as for your suggestion that Militant Islam is our enemy. Saddam's
regime was a very secular Islamic regime, in all probability the final
government in Iraq will be a shiite dominated Islamic theo-democracy
more like Iran than like Turkey. Boy that improves things!

And, one last question, why was the state department guy who had spent a
year doing post war planning removed from the Iraq team against the will
of the commanding general?