Posted to alt.home.repair
pbs

Default Vertical EMT Coupling and Support.

Hi:
I would like to run two 20' sections of 1" diameter EMT vertically
through an existing chase. Due to 7'-6' ceilings in the basement where
I have to feed this from, each run will require three pieces of EMT.

I am curious about the best type of Cuopling, and appropriate support
for this situation.

What is the best Coupling for this situation, the single set-screw
type, or compression type?

Also, I'll be able to strap the top of the upper section in the attic
to a 2x8, and will be able to support the bottom of the lower section
in the basement too. Is this adequate support in this case?

Thanks.