Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS

Default Looking for info on ionizers

In article , "bloggybob" wrote:
i wasnt aware that it was bad for you ... can you elaborate more plz?

Ozone is bad for you. Air filters are good for you.
One thing an electric cleaner does not do, well I,m not entirely sure,
is clean up Radon. Radon is bad for you. A carbon filter can collect Radon gas.
I would think the gov't would inform all people that using a carbon flter is best for you health.
I see and smell the Ozone of many lamps used around in hospital or food
type areas. I also smell the clean Ozone smell when the sun is shining brightly into
a room. This is contrary to "Ozone is bad for you" syndrom. They don't tell you
to close the drapes and shut out the sun. allthough most new windows
do inhibit ultraviolet and infra red rays from going through to any
great amount.

I will never forget the first tme I drove into the LA basin
from the desert in Ca. Oh my.

During a Radon test, PA. regulation state that an electrostatic filter
should not be run during a test. Well you can take that for what it is.
They however do not say anything about a carbon filter. Funny
how things are. I recently bought a Radon monitor myself.
Did you know that when it rains the Radon levels inside go up.

greg

"n cook" wrote in message
bloggybob wrote in message
. ..
would like to build an ionizer /filter for my home ....i am seasoned in
electronics repair etc. just looking for some schematics or any info
obtainable ... ive built a ramsey ionizer kit but now im going bigger

and
better and on a larger usable scale preferably.. thanks for any info

bob

Why do you wish to poison yourself with Ozone ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England