Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Canvas waterproofing

"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...
Mary Fisher wrote:
We're making another sales booth because he's not happy with the one
we have :-(

He's made the frame and we've sourced samples of cotton canvas which
will be light enough for us to manage but will need to be
waterproofed just in case it ever rains ...

The last time we did this we used a product (name forgotten) which was
excellent but it made the canvas heavy and slightly sticky, also
smelly.
He's prepared to use NikWax but is fondly remembering a water soluble
preparation from a hundred years ago called, he thinks, NevRot - or
something similar.

Does anyone remember the stuff or know if it is still available?

Mary

I got some for waterproofing tents, it was in a pump handled sprayer (not
an aerosol) and it was water based - I used it for my cotton fishing
umbrella and it's never allowed a drop of water through, nor does it smell
or leave a visible residue....I got it from a camping shop, I'll try and
dig out the half bottle I have left over and get you the name of it....

Thanks,

Mary