Mike Patterson

Default Pearl Harbor

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:08:43 GMT, PhysicsGenius
wrote:

Mike Patterson wrote:
On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 19:15:08 GMT, PhysicsGenius
wrote:

SteveB wrote:

"Walt LeRoy" wrote in message

Time to take a moment and reflect on what happened to us 62 years ago,
today, and stop all the bickering and get behind our leaders and fighting
forces in our present struggle.

S/Sgt. Walt LeRoy
Co.A, 361st S S Regiment
1943--1946

Take time to reflect on the difference following 12/7 and 9/11 for a moment,
too.

Pearl Harbor united the country against an outside agressor.

More people were killed on 9/11 than on 12/7. A lot more.

People remembered 12/7 longer.

Sorry, I'm confused. The OP seems to be talking about Iraq, you mention
9/11. What's the connection?

To answer your transparently facetious question -

Radical Islamic terrorists who wish to kill as many non-Islamists in
general and American citizens in particular as possible in order to
contribute to a general global effort to impose Islamic theocracies.

And these people were located in Iraq somewhere?

Many were. Many others were receiving financial support from the
former Iraqi regime. Do you wish to contest this?

The man who planned the Achille Lauro attack was arrested in Iraq in
April of this year.
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...bbas.arrested/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...937781,00.html

I have the impression that you are one of the folks who believe that
the invasion of Iraq was based on a false claim of Iraqi complicity in
the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Is this the case? If so, is your mind open to facts? Mine is. If you
can present facts (not rhetoric) to prove your theory, I'm listening.

So far I've not seen anything on this subject from such theorists
other than semi-coherent ranting that always degenerates into
name-calling and assertions that GWB is a son of Satan, or else the
person just plain stops communicating, which I am forced to assume
means they cannot or will not continue a logical discussion based on
fact.

Care to break the record?

BTW, I despise GWB and his ilk on the grounds that they are using this
to radically erode individual rights in the USA.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

The question isn't "are there weapons of mass destruction?",
the question is "who has them now?"

http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/...ny/default.asp
http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/iraqweaponsgap.asp