Posted to alt.home.repair
Nonnymus

Default Emergency advise - Shellac spilled all over

Doug Miller wrote:

The *alcohol* is another story, though. The alcohol used to dissolve shellac
is the same alcohol that's in adult beverages, and you *can* become
intoxicated from breathing the fumes. Use plenty of ventilation, and a
chemical filter respirator if you have one -- and don't drive.

You might want to mention that the ethanol is "denatured" by
adding in just enough methanol to make it poisonous to drink.
I agree that the fumes can get to you, but I don't know if
the fumes of denatured alcohol are as toxic as the liquid.

Nonnymus