Posted to rec.woodworking
stryped

Default Newbie need help "raising pannel" on small false drawer front.

x-no-archive-yes
I am almost done making a knife drawer with removable cutting board for
my mother. THis is my first woodworking project. The false drawer front
is small, maybe 2 1/2 inches wide by 12 inches long and is 1/2 inch
thick. My moms kitchen drawers have that ?raised pannel look. It shows
in my book how to tilt the blade to 15 degrees and raise the blade to a
certain height depending on the thickness of wood you are using but my
wood being only 1/2 inch thick, it is difficult for me to figure out.
Can anyone help me or would it look stupid to raise this small a piece
of wood?

Also, I have the stain my mom's cabinets are. However, her wood is
cherry and I used red oak. Will it look that much different? (It does
not matter, just curious).

Thanks again!