Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Default Unsolicited praise of new blue Bosch corded drill...

No I don't work for 'em!

Just tried my new shiny blue Bosch GSB 20-2 RE (240V) that I got yesterday
on some random "hard as nails" concrete round my Dad's house.

12mm masonry bit, lumpy flint like aggregate: flippen heck, on full power in
impact mode it just melted through in seconds to 3" depth. 4 more holes
later and the drill bit was showing signs of becoming fairly knackered.

[It's a cheap bit from a cheap set of most types of bits/sizes that I bought
more for the useful plastic box, with the aim to replace bits with quality
ones as I killed them].

I really like the no-tools metal chuck too. It's an 800W drill, not too
unwieldy, quite suitable as an everyday unit, nice metal gearbox and collar
which gives me confidence if mounting it in a press.

Good attention to detail, including the extra long very flexible rubber
cable, solid knobs and smooth power control.

Full marks in it's class. Can't give you a link as theres a session id, but
searching by part number at
http://www.bosch-pt.com/uk/en/gw/start/index.htm
will get there.

No reason really - just rather chuffed