Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default finishing basement - electrical question

grod wrote:
I have a 12/2 wire running from an outlet to my refrigerator in the
kitchen on the first floor. This wire is visible in the basement, and
the electrician decided to not put the wire in the framing of the
house. Now I'm trying to get my basement finished and I'm not sure
what I should do with this wire. It is running perpendicular to the
floor joist for the first floor, but it is not in the framing. It's
kinda hanging outside of the floor joists stapled to the bottom.

Help?

George

The usual solution is to run it though holes drilled in the joist. Just
where you can safely drill those holes depends on several factors and
frankly I am not up on that end so I would not want to advise other than to
get the proper information, to prevent structural damage. Note: the change
of structural damage is slight, but real.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit