Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband

Default Two ceiling fans on a single control?

even if you find a single control for both fans, it
would not fit in your "1/2 depth" outlet box.

"IF" I could find the single control for both fans, I would be willing to
relocate the box on the other side of the wall in the kitchen. This would
let me use a full depth box in the living room.

We cleaned and painted the living room a few years back and it still looks
nice. I hate to tear into that unless I have to.

The kitchen is still in dire need of improvement, so a patch in the wall
wouldn't look out of place there.

Still, it seems like the only real solution is to replace the single gang
box with a double or triple box.

I'm thinking a triple box which would let me use three slider controls. One
for the lighting, and one for each fan. Simple generic stuff I can pick up
at any home center.

Anthony