Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Liebermann

Default 11 Meter to 10 Meter Yagi Antenna Conversion

(Geoffrey S. Mendelson) hath wroth:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

I don't think the original poster is interested in becoming a ham and
using the 10 meter ham band allocations. My guess(tm) is that he's
interested in "freeband" radio. Freeband is located in between the
CB band and the 10 meter ham band from 27.410 to 28.000Mhz. Operation
in this area is strictly illegal, but that doesn't seem to prevent
Freeband operators from doing so, or seem to interest the FCC
enforcement burro. For example:

I assume nothing.

You assumed that the original poster wanted to operate in the 10 meter
ham band, and not between the ham band and CB.

Outside of the U.S. the bands are different, enforcement
is different,e tc.

True. World wide, the area between 27.410 to 28.000MHz is either
meteorological, or commercial ISM service. See:
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/spectrum/table/fcctable.pdf
Page 15. The 2 columns are for international and US allocations. Note
that none of them include Part 95 (CB) or part 97 (Ham). Your
non-assumption is wrong.

For example in the E.U., you can use a regular ham
radio on CB, no one seems to care about the power. FM and packet are
also common on CB.

I do PSK31 on CB just to see if it can get through the interference.
Seems to work quite well. Just because nobody cares, or nobody
enforces the rules, doesn't make it legal.

Since I've been here in Israel (almost 10 years), I've never met a person
with a CB. I occasionaly scan through the bands, but I never hear anyone
on 2m, 10m, and CB.

See:
http://w3.iarc.org/repeater/
http://www.iarc.org/repeater/LIST.htm
I was in Haifa in Dec 2000, and found it fully occupied by jammers
from both sides of the political spectrum. Has the repeater network
been abandoned? Perhaps if you listen during one of the weekly nets:
http://w3.iarc.org/nets/nets.html

Geoff.

--
Jeff Liebermann