Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C

Default Beginners tips for plastic plumbing

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:51:00 +0100, "Ron Lowe"
wrote:

I want to know how to select the correct inserts to use with plastic pipe
for COMPRESSION fittings.

I'd use 'Cuprofit' ones as they're made of copper and should withstand
any crushing force from the olive better.

Also use a copper olive so less force is needed to get a seal between
olive and fitting.

Should be well worth doing a couple of sample joints to see how much
the pipe is cut into by the olive, if too much it might rupture and
come out of the fitting.

Finally I'd use some 'Fernox LS=X' or similar on the olive as a belt
and braces measure.

Worth looking at the forum on Screwfix as this has been discussed and
a lot of tradespeople are there.

All IMHO,

cheers,
Pete.