Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred

Default Electric shower question

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
Rob Sutton wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 17:05:47 +0100, "Fred" wrote:

However if I fit a double check valve in the flow to the shower,
won't this remove the rules regarding the shower head and height of
bath? Would a potential reach into the bath then be allowed?

This may be easier to fit -

Doesn't say if it's WRC approved. The regs on back siphonage are by &
large complete cobblers, but enforceable.

I once had a row with Mid Kent Water over a pressure washer. They
wouldn't allow a double check valve even though it was WRC approved. They
suggested that, if the 4" polyprop water main were turned off for
maintenance, the pressure washer could suck so hard that it would cause
the pipe to collapse. In their dreams.

I can see where they are coming from though. Irrespective of whether a
check valve is fitted, the collapse of the main may be a possibility if the
pipe couldn't cope with a vacuum. In order to preventing soiled water from
entering the pipe it also assumes that everything connected to the same main
is also fitted with working check valves.