BottleBob

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

Carl Nisarel wrote:

BottleBob wrote

Carl Nisarel wrote:

(Richard Lewis) wrote

Armed robberies in the US in 2000....408K; rape....90K;
assault....910K etc etc etc.

Robberies 420,637

Do *you* understand the difference between robbery and armed robbery?

Carl:

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_02/pdf/2sectiontwo.pdf

The main heading for robberies at the above side doesn't distinguish
between armed and unarmed robberies. But further down it does list the
percentage (42.1%) of robberies where a firearm is used.
Why is this "armed" distinction of robbery important to you?

Do you understand the difference between having "a 'loved one'
assaulted by a unethical criminal, intent on taking stuff and doing
bodily harm" and those statistics?

I would venture to guess that most of those robbery and assault victims
had someone to care about them and were therefore the "loved one" of
someone else.

If you do not, you're simply one of the idiots. Richard's data does
not match Richards claim. His claim was simply emotional drivel
unsupported by actual data.

You seem pretty free with calling other people idiots on marginal
data. My involvement was initiated by seeing your comments to the
effect that Richard Lewis was making up his data out of thin air, so I
looked to see if that were true. I then posted the data I found.
Whether it completely matches Richard Lewis' data or not is not my
concern. Just as whether it matches your beliefs on what the data
should be, or not, isn't a concern of mine either.

I wouldn't let a personal negative bias against a person, or group,
interfere with an impartial evaluation of relevant statistics.

Dude, those are not the relevant statistics. Richard created the
definition and then moved the goalpost.

Are you aware of the fact that most assaults and rapes are committed
by someone known to the victim?

I saw where you said that before. I have no information on which to
judge whether it's actually a "fact" or not. Do you have a credible
site that DOES have this information?

BTW, thinking about it right now, as soon as an "acquaintance" or
"family member" engages in the act of robbery, rape, or assault of
another... then they BECOME "an unethical criminal, intent on taking
stuff and doing bodily harm", do they not? One minute a friend, next
minute a felon.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob