BEAR

Default Small gloat, Hendey lathe, and questions...

Glenn,

By the powers vested in me by the powers that vest powers and all
who have vested powers vested in them, I hearby authorize you to
clean and organize your shop hencewith. '- )

_-_-bear

PS. I can say this, since I just did that to mine... well it's about 80% finished
this weekend... and yes it was worth it. :- )

Glenn Lyford wrote:

Hi guys,

I've just acquired a Hendey lathe, story and pics are at

http://home.comcast.net/~glyford/lathe/hendey.htm

and I have a few questions.

Does anyone have something similar and can tell me the toothcount,
DP, and arrangement of the gears from the dog clutch to the quick
change gearbox?

My feed plate indicates a 144T and two 36T gears are used, but my
understanding is that any combination that gives me a 1:4, 1:1, and 4:1
ratio (such as 24/96T, etc) and can fit on the banjo will work. If
this is so, then it would be a lot easier for me to reconstruct the feed
on this since I could use any other lathe gears of the right pitch that
I could find. Anyone see any problems with that approach?

Also, does anyone know off the top of their heads if the usual suspects
for lathe parts in the NE have anything for Hendeys? Plaza, Mermac, etc.?

Thanks a bunch,
--Glenn Lyford

--
_-_- BEAR Labs
- Custom Audio Equipment, Cables, Mods, Repairs -