Posted to alt.home.repair
John Grabowski

Default Ceiling fan control switch

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
That's how all Casa Blanca "Intellitouch" fans work, although they don't
require a neutral. The receiver is built into the fan

That's the name I was trying to remember: "Intellitouch". Maybe I was wrong
about the need for a neutral on the controller.

Thanks Roy.

wrote in message
oups.com...

John Grabowski wrote:
I recently installed a fan for a customer that had all fan/light
functions
from a wall switch controller. It wasn't a remote control and it only
required two wires (Plus ground) to the fan from the switch. I was
surprised to see that the fan itself only had two wires (Plus ground)

on
it.
The fan would not operate without the controller. The controller did
require a neutral to operate though. I forget the name; it was

something
like intellifan. I don't recall where she bought the fan.

You can also buy remote control kits at Home Depot that work with most
fans.
You would just install the module between the electrical box and the

fan
brace (Usually a tight squeeze) and put batteries in the remote

control.

I recently learned in another thread here that these do exist in some
fans. They have an intelligent controller in the fan, so that
commands for speed, direction, light, etc can be sent down one
hot/neutral pair. Of course that requires a new fan. But, depending
on how hard it is to run another wire, that may still be a good option.

Or, there are universal wireless remotes that can be added. I think
they have a wall bracket too, so you can keep the remote at a spot on
the wall if you want.