Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Larry Blanchard

Default Tru-Grind sharpening system

mac davis wrote:

Wolverine, Kelton, etc. are more up front and then you need several
"attachments"... like for gouges, skews, etc...

Since I recently bought the Wolverine with the "Vari-Grind" attachment, I
thought I'd compare the costs.

The Wolverine gives me the equivalent of the Tru-Grind "System" plus an extra
base and "Sturdy Rest".

The cost of all of that (Packard) adds up to $201.85.

The Wolverine system with the "Vari-Grind" costs (also from Packard) $127.90.
Or I could go with their "Intermediate Wolverine System" which includes the
above plus a wheel dressing attachment for $149.95.

So the claim that the Wolverine costs more up front does not appear to be
true.

Also, with the Wolverine I can switch from one wheel to the other. The
Tru-Grind has "handed" tool rests.

--
It's turtles, all the way down