Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Please help me fix bad advice!

A friend of mine bought a marked down leather sofa with a small scuff
on the seat. I suggested he use shoe polish to blend in the scuff. I
forgot the age old rule of trying something like that out on a part of
the sofa that no one would see. Well, the Kewi shoe polish acted as a
stripper and now he has a quarter sized bleached out bloch. I'm going
to call some upulstry supply shops to see what they have to offer. But
I would appriciate some advice on what to use. This surfice does not
appear to be very absorbant. Wetting it doesn't daken it any.
Thank you very much.