Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Default SONY KV-X2531D/AE1C TV still no video

I have had a number of Sony sets with defective CRT's that were blowing the
video drive IC. The CRT was arching in side, and thus damaging the drive IC.

--

JANA
_____

"Adrian Glaubitz" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I have 1990 SONY TV KV-X2531D/AE1C which has started to
drop video intermittantly from about 2 months ago. H/V
and stuff are okay (I can get a picture from teletext, but
with green missing). I traced the problem to the video
(B-) board. When I would cool down IC301/TDA4580 with
freeze-spray I could bring back video. So I decided to
buy a new 4580 off eBay (the part is actually new) for
10 Euros and had the IC replaced by a professional
who has the proper re-/soldering equipment. He soldered
a IC-socket instead of the IC for easy replacement. So
I replaced the board and fired it up again, and everything
worked perfectly --- for 3 hours . Then the same problem
would occur again, so the IC was not the souce.

In the area of the IC (to be hit by the freeze-stream) was
also a cap and some diodes which I tested with an ESR-meter and a
DMM respectively. Can the cap still be the problem even when
its ESR is okay (about 0.2 ohms) ?? Any other hints ?

Adrian