Posted to sci.electronics.repair
-Almazick-

Default TV shows stripes/lines at the top of the screen

I fixed the tv by the information I received from Franc Zabkar. I found
datasheet then found similar schematic for my tv. Changed 1 capacitor
turned on the tv and everything was working.

"Papa_J" wrote in message
. ..
Bottom Line: Did you get the set repaired as a result of the information
you collected or is it still broken.
PLEASE!! Forget or forgive the flack and debris??
Many of the folk here in this N/G have been around for a fairly long
period of time doing these repairs, inclusive of Sam, and many others.
Their main concern is for the SAFETY of the technicians, even SAM posts
that information plainly, at the beginning of his very good instructional
web sites.
After that fact then the appropriate data is attempted to be transferred
via this means, some if it is miss-interpreted, some if it is
miss-representative of the actual symptom(s). However all of it is
normally meant as trying to assist another technician to do their actual,
hands on repairs.
Ocassionally we all share our "Opinions", and we all acknowledge what the
average one's worth (IMHO).
Again: My specific question is: Do you have the set repaired? If so than
you have received assistance appropiat to your quest. If not, then more
through diagnostics may be required.
Good Luck!
"Dave D" wrote in message

"-Almazick-" wrote in message
. ..
Hello Dave D,
I see your point regarding your 13 year old daughter knows what focus
means and that's good but you need to learn how to read first before you
flame anyone. If you read my original post you can find "I removed the
tv rear cover and found only 2 knobs for Focus and Screen and they won't
solve the problem."

snip

OK, I accept I have misunderstood you, but please understand that "and
they won't solve the problem." can also mean you tried them to no avail.
Damn the English language, ambiguity is too common!

I am sorry you didn't consider my advice to be helpful, and indeed
considered it to be flaming. However, we are not mind readers. How was I
to know you were techinically minded? You certainly didn't give that
impression from your OP which was vague and admitted lack of knowledge of
the working of TVs, and clearly I'm not the only one who thought that.

Generally, if people come here with intelligent questions and can provide
troubleshooting info, they will get intelligent answers. If they come
here and give the impression that they know nothing (as you did- you said
you wanted to learn) and ask questions like 'my TV went funny, which part
do I change?' (extreme example) then they will often be disappointed.

If you read back over my posts you'll find that in actual fact I did give
an answer, despite what you think. Furthermore, though it wasn't what you
wanted to hear, my advice to stay away from TVs until you get up to speed
on LV equipment was sound and I had your interests at heart. I could have
said 'dive in with both hands while it's on, and make sure you're a bit
damp', but no- I was simply concerned for your safety. The advice was
given based on the impression of your abilities *you* created here, and I
stand by it.

Anyhoo, no offence intended- it was just banter. Good luck with the
repair.

Dave