Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus

Default Making exterior latex flat

"Prometheus" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:53:57 -0400, "Locutus"
wrote:

I purchased several 5 gallon buckets of exterior satin latex to paint my
wood siding house, after putting some on, I now realize I should have used
flat since the wood is original (70~ years old) and the satin seems to
highlight every imperfection in the siding.

I inquired with several paint stores about making the paint flat, and they
said it could not be done. I noticed some talk in here recently about
making
gloss stain flat using some sort of flattening agent, would something like
this also work with paint?

You know, I'd ignore the people at the paint store's advice at my own
risk if I were you. You're unlikely to find people who know more
about paint by addressing the question to a random group of people on
the internet.

OK, for now on I will just take the word of a store employee who may or may
not know what they are talking about. It's not like anyone here knows
anything about anything.

I don't know why I even bother reading this NG, I should just learn from the
best. Home Depot employees!

Thanks for the advice!