Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice

Default Cat 5e telephone cable?

On 17 Jun 2006 20:01:12 GMT, John Carlyle-Clarke wrote:

Am I likely to get in trouble with BT for moving and changing the
master socket?

Probably not but BT do have records of lines that have not been converted
to NTE5. Of course you could just say they have their records crossed
between the defunct line and the current one.

Would I be better to use the correct BT cable instead of Cat5e to make
it look proper, as it were?

Yes, CW1308 is cheap and if strip all the old crap out back to that first
box and put CW1308 in neatly it'll probably do wonders for your ADSL
speed... (mainly due to the removal of the crap rather than cable type).
It'll also look genuine to any BT bod that visits.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail