Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson

Default Sizing retrofit basement Window

wrote in message
I am trying to get the correct size for a basement window to be
ordered from Home Depot. The existing aluminum (skinning frame)
window appears to be installed wedged between two steel tube frames.
the outer frame is approx 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 and the inner one 2 by 2. I
am not sure if the two are connected. Without destroying the existing
window how can I get the right size for a retrofit window ?
Is the retrofit window installed from outside to but with the 2 by 2
frame ??

Thanks.

Save yourself a ton of grief, skip the Home Depot thing and call a real
window place and just have them replaced. Your only looking at probably
$300-$350 a window if we are talking your basic sized basement window here.
That way you'll avoid the work and the almost certain issues that will arise
with Home Depot......