Posted to alt.home.repair
uz

Default Very scared and frustrated

Ok now that's scaring me...... I would hope though that my family's
exposure would still be much much smaller than the housewives who were
doing this (laundry) probably day in day out so they might as well have
worked in the factories themselves.

Has anyone else gone through the same i.e., remove asbestos
accidentally and if yes how did they deal with it????

HL wrote:
There are several consequences of asbestos exposure. Chronic interstitial
lung disease generally requires prolonged exposure. Lung cancer (which
typically occurs 15 or more years later) is dose related and has a strong
(more than additiive) association with smoking. Mesothelioma can occur with
short ( 1 - 2 year) exposures after an interval of 20 + years not peaking
until 30 to 35 years after exposure.

Housewives whose only contact with asbestos was laundering their spouses
absestos contaminated work clothing have been afflicted. So "casual"
indirect contact of this nature can cause disease.