Posted to alt.home.repair
sky

Default Help with AG pool leak..

Nick what are you doing up so early?.......I'm just getting home from
work.
sky wrote:
Mary wrote:
AG 12' x 24' pool.
Level had gone down over the winter. I thought I might have pumped out water
accidentaly when pumping water off of the winter cover...
Not so....
Last night I covered the skimmer and plugged the return line to eliminate
the chance that its in the filter plumbing...

Over night the water went down 1 inch in about 10 hours.
I plan on lowering the water level afew inches at a time and then waiting to
see if it goes down on its own. I figure when it stops going down on its own
I will have a rough idea what level the leak is at. then I will get in
(still very cold) and inspect the perimiter of the liner just above the
water level to find the hole????

Problem is, if the hole is on the floor or at the very bottem this may not
work out to well.

Is there a better way to find this leak???

1" from a 12' x 24' pool in 10 hours seems like a pretty good leak???

Thanks for any help..

\
Steve

Miss Mary,Steve,...........1st of all what size pool do you
have????........12'x24'...means
12foot around by 24foot deep.....Your not using your well are you?

In any event.....The goggles are what I used on my 15'x48".
Some are obvious, some are not.

A pool is like a garden, Spend an hour on it a day, and it's no
trouble......But miss one day, and it goes to seed..........Sky

You can obtain either self-adhesed patches (make sure the edges are
rounded), or vinyl
scraps, ( still round edges) and apply a vinyl adhesve glue to your
patch, that works under water.....I always thought that process was
tits...To see a patch with glue work under water.

I've done this numerous times......I'll check back later.........

I'm also