Posted to rec.woodworking
Gerald Ross

Default Twin blade saw

RicodJour wrote:
Gerald Ross wrote:
BobS wrote:
"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
Several years ago I saw a saw on closeout at HD which was unlike any I
have seen before or since. It had two blades side by side like an electric
kitchen knife. Anyone familiar with this oddity?
--

Sounds like they had a dado blade set mounted on the arbor

http://www.plansnowinprint.com/dadoblades.html

or were doing something like this

http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/workshop/dado.html

Bob S.

Nope. Straight blades "like an electric kitchen knife", remember?
Apparently they reciprocated. As best I can remember the blades were
about 18 inches long.

Like this? http://www.michlitch.com/Wellsaw.php Not surprising that
you didn't find it. I believe that it's intended market is the meat
packing industry.

That looks like it, other than the color. Wonder what it was doing on
the closeout table at Home Depot? At least I didn't just dream it. Thanks!

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A conclusion is simply the place where