Joel Corwith

Default Harbor Freight tool grinder?

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
news:HfsAb.83066$xV6.40427@lakeread04...
I have been getting by for years with a Grizzly bench grinder and a
couple of homeade tool rests. My neighbor has the Baldor bench mounted
tool grinder. I think he paid a bit under $500 for it. I go over to his
shop and use it when I need a bit that is dead on like for Acme threads
etc.

I don't usually buy machines from HF but they do have good prices on
some motors. I went in the other day to get a 1 HP TEFC motor and
forgot my blinders. On the way to the cashier I spotted a tool grinder
that looks for all the world like the Baldor for $169. Now, as Jimmy
Carter once said, "I have lust in my heart" for this thing.

1/2 hp 6" tool and carbide grinder 46727 on sale for $129.99?

Joel. phx

You can't run machines in the Macon HF so I have a big question as to
the quality. Does the HF tool grinder run quiet and true? Will it last
in a home shop?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com