Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Charging leisure battery.

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 11:32:10 +0100, Alec wrote:

|I have a customer with a small chalet with no electricity. I fitted a
|basic domestic alarm connected to a 75 ah leisure battery. What would
|be best to trickle charge the battery wind or solar power. Also the
|charging device would have to be about 20-30 feet away from the chalet
|because of tree cover. Any help much appreciated. Let me know if you
|need more info.

Not what you asked, but it strikes me that if your customer is paying for a
leisure battery, plus charging system, they will have enough charge in the
battery to run a few 12V lights, a water pump and all the usual things you
can find in a caravan, including a 12V TV. They would need at least 2
amps from the trickle charger to do that.