Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Default Curtain track and plasterboard walls - anyone better this theory?

John Rumm wrote:

Tim S wrote:

The problem is the action of pulling on the curtains causes almost all
types of PB fixings to grind loose, even metal spirals. Butterfly fixings
aren't possible in this location...

Fibre RawlPlugs (real ones) with a bit of PVA and an undersized hole has
been the best yet, and even they work loose in time.

So I though of screwing a bit of wood on, with big screws and fixing to
that - but it's ugly.

Have you tried these:

They seem to get a very good grip on the plasterboard that does not work
loose.

Ah, they look better - admittedly the one fixing I never tried.

Cheers

Tim