Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Curtain track and plasterboard walls - anyone better this theory?

Tim S wrote:
Well, the family's away for a few weeks visiting the in-laws
5000 miles away, so I suggested to the Landlord now was a good time to be
fixing his house... He buys the parts and I help him do some of the jobs...

I've never had much luck mounting curtain track to PB, and I've tried enough
times in my old flat... Fiddly little wall-mount plastic clips don't let
you use a decent length screw to get beyond the PB into the block - and in
my current house, the block work has the consistency of plaster of paris...

I cant think how the clips would prevent you using longer screws.
Drill the hole out bigger if necessary, and use the thinnest long screw
you can. Other option is glue along strip of wood up and use that.
Burying wood in PB I wouldnt try, m,ay end up a right mess in time, and
sounds like an unnecessary lot of work. And I wouldnt bother trying any
kind of pb fixing, the pb itself isnt upto it.

NT