Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Modrall

Default engineered wood floor in basement

In article .com,
" wrote:

Fake wood floors can be noisey unless its padded. Kinda sounds like a
women in stilletos when anyone walks thru area/

If you have moisture water troubles FIX THAT FIRST with things like
interior french drain with sump pump.

I've been trying the aluminum foil/saran wrap taped to the floor to
test the moisture (and here in the Northeast this summer, we've had a
*lot* of it!) and so far the tape test shows no problem.

I was just perplexed that a product that said "moisture barrier" on
the label would then have a felt layer... If you *do* have moisture
problems, it seems like having a felt layer on the barrier is just
begging more.

I imagine the felt would cut the noise and make the floor more
comfortable, though.

-Mark