Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

Default Twin blade saw

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
BobS wrote:
"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
Several years ago I saw a saw on closeout at HD which was unlike any I
have seen before or since. It had two blades side by side like an
electric kitchen knife. Anyone familiar with this oddity?
--

Sounds like they had a dado blade set mounted on the arbor

http://www.plansnowinprint.com/dadoblades.html

or were doing something like this

http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/workshop/dado.html

Bob S.

Nope. Straight blades "like an electric kitchen knife", remember?
Apparently they reciprocated. As best I can remember the blades were about
18 inches long.

You left out the "straight blades" part originally. "Like an electric
kitchen knife" could be interpreted to mean "right next to each other". Was
this saw a stationary tool like a table saw or band saw or a portable tool
like a reciprocating saw?

todd