Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Modrall

Default engineered wood floor in basement

Hi...

We're thinking of putting one of those engineered wood floor systems
down in our basement (Easy-Lock at Lowes). In that area of the store,
they had samples of the flooring, and then they had 2 grades of vapor
barrier. The low end was basically just a sheet of plastic; the high
end was a sheet of plastic with some felt attached to make the floor
spongier. The latter bit puzzled me a little - if you really expect a
moisture problem, wouldn't the felt just trap it and become a mold
factory?

Thanks
-Mark