Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress

Default Two ceiling fans on a single control?

Anthony, unless you have your heart set on doing the rewiring, I still
suggest the remote at HD that you can see at the link.
Since both fans are in the same room the range of these remotes will be
adequate. There is a receiver that gets tucked away in the fan's canopy. On
this model (which is different than my old one) the remote holder screws on
to the box that used to hold one of the switches. The question
synchronization for these is moot. when you press the button for a
particular speed that is what the receivers see and that is the only choice
they have. The worst case scenario is that one fan doesn't respond because
it is too far away or flat out bad. Medium speed is the only speed that can
possibly come on for both fans unless something is defective. Likewise for
high, low or off.

Charlie

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...l.0& MID=9876

"HerHusband" wrote in message
A simple light dimmer rated above 480 watts can control both lighting
fixtures on a pair of wires.
this one is designed to handle Multiple fans on a pair of wires:
http://www.ylighting.com/mod-mf009a.html

Thanks for the address. That's "close" to what I was looking for.

However, I was really hoping for a fan AND light control that could
control
two ceiling fans and still fit in a single gang switch box. I have seen
plenty of dual controls designed for a single fan, I was just hoping to
find one rated for two fans.

If I have to replace the single gang box with a two or three gang box, I
might as well use separate controls for each fan. But, I'd like to avoid
cutting into the lath and plaster wall if possible.

Thanks again!

Anthony