Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom

Default pump running - no obvious cause

Frank K. wrote:
"Tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
My home has a well with a submersible pump. It has been
running every
few minutes even though there are no faucets leaking, the
toilets don't
run, etc. I just replaced the pressure switch that broke
(probably
because it ran so often!). Could it be the tank (it
doesn't leak) or
the check valve (the check value is down about 60' near
the pump)?

My next door neighbor's pump started with the same problem.
Then it started running constantly, providing less and less
pressure to the house. The plumber found that the pipe
coming up from the pump had split. They replaced the pipe
and all is well. Let us know what you find.

Frank

I hope it's not that! The pipe into the house runs through the
basement floor so it's not accessable.