Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default New Dust Collector Questions

"Leon"
2. THE GROUND WIRE. Since my hose is plastic and the ends will be
plastic and there will be no metal to metal contact between the
collector and say the TS or stationary planer, what do I attach the
ground wire to? I want to move from machine to machine by simply
slipping the hose off.

Chris
Then ground the hose to some bare metal on the collector. Might have to
check with a meter to see where on the collector connects to the
electrical ground.

Maybe I'm just lucky but I have only been zapped (lightly) when I use the DC
to pick up a pile of shavings, like after some intensive lathe work.
I don't have any grounding of any kind on any hoses.

Dave