Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris W

Default Murphy Bed

Pat Jr wrote:
Hello Chris W,
I took your tip in the "CAD Learning" thread and signed up for the free
Alibre Express program. Maybe you could draw one up and post the file here
if it's not to big. I think some folks get a bit PO'd at big posts in this
ng.

I have been looking into a wall bed project too. Kinda looks like the
Create-A-Bed kit is a good way to go.

Thanks for the tip,
Pat Jr.

Not sure when I will be buying the kit, but as soon as I do I would be
happy to draw it up in 3D and post the model on a web site. If someone
has plans they can send me I will draw it up from them. One nice thing
about Alibre is it has a 3rd party tool (model press publisher and
viewer) that lets you share the 3D model in a view / measure only mode.
The viewer part is a free download. I wish this kind of thing were
more standard though. I think there should be a world wide standard for
sharing 3D models that was a default plug in for any web browser. But
this thing is better than nothing. It runs great as a standalone
program and version of the model it creates is really small so no huge
downloads and it runs OK inside IE but not worth it to me. I just run
it off line. No plug in for fire fox last I checked and it only runs on
windows.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX