Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson

Default where do you buy UHMW Polyethylelene

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:01:59 GMT, "John L. Poole"
wrote:

Be careful with Machinist Materials in Florida, they sell a lot on eBay.
I purchased 2 lots thinking that I would benefit from a consolidation of
the order into one shipment based on a cursory review of their shipping
policies. I was charged and paid $20.20 for Fedex delivery. When the
parcel arrived, I measured and weighed it before opening and then
visited Fedex's site which quoted me $14.43 -- that's withough any
discount a regular shipper may enjoy. I was under the impression I
would only be charged actual cost of shipping. I brought this
discrepancy to the attention of the proprietor and nothing more came of it.

Did that include packaging and handling costs? You have to add those
in, you know. It costs money to put it in the box, at the very least,
plus the cost of the box itself, the labeling, etc. I have no idea
what would be reasonable in your case since I don't know anything
about the size and packaging, but you can't forget those costs as
well.