Posted to uk.d-i-y
ChrisJ

Default under floor heating leak

ChrisJ wrote:

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

ChrisJ wrote:

and we discovered we have a leak somewhere under the floor which
wasn't there when the screed went down.

Myself, I'd be tempted to try some of that CH leak sealant liquid you
put in the system then allow to circulate.

It's sorted me out on one occasion.
I bet a screw has gone through a pipe!

Is pressure dropping rapidly of is it over the course of rays rather
than minutes?

My thoughts too. I hope the floorer and tile have good insurance or are
willing to redo it all for a four pack of beer!

The pressure drops within about 30 minutes. We've isolated the manifold
from the rest of the CH and the leak is definately there or under the
floor.

ChrisJ

Just been reading up and have found that fernox do a raditor leak fixer
for fixing inaccessible leaks. Would this work in the plastic UFH pipe?
Are these fixes generally permanent or is it a bodge that will need
repeated fernox applications? I'm presuming we have a screw through the
pipe or at least into it.

Its a presurised combi boiler. How would I get the fernox in?

ChrisJ