Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband

Default Two ceiling fans on a single control?

A simple light dimmer rated above 480 watts can control both lighting
fixtures on a pair of wires.
this one is designed to handle Multiple fans on a pair of wires:
http://www.ylighting.com/mod-mf009a.html

Thanks for the address. That's "close" to what I was looking for.

However, I was really hoping for a fan AND light control that could control
two ceiling fans and still fit in a single gang switch box. I have seen
plenty of dual controls designed for a single fan, I was just hoping to
find one rated for two fans.

If I have to replace the single gang box with a two or three gang box, I
might as well use separate controls for each fan. But, I'd like to avoid
cutting into the lath and plaster wall if possible.

Thanks again!

Anthony