Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Kendrick

Default U staples

For barbed-wire fences, there is a staple driver tool:
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...0777_200310777
that is called a Goldenrod Hired Hand™ Staple Driver.
It holds a stick of staples and is hammer-powered so that no fingers
get smashed. It's $50, which is fairly expensive for a bit of rabbit
fencing.

I have a pneumatic medium-crown construction stapler that would do the
trick, but it's way too expensive other than borrowing from a friend,
unless you already have one. Used to attach sheathing to framing in
home construction.

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:26:28 -0700, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

While I was constructing my compost pile I had to attach the rabbit fencing
to the boards - so I used U staples. Those have got to be the hardest
things to insert into a board. 2 of the worst aspects in a fastener, 1 they
are round and uneven meaning you have to hit them just perfectly in order to
drive them in, 2 they are small so you have to hit them with your fingers
right on the impact surface.

Do the staples with the flat hammer spot at the top of the "U" go in easier,
or are staples like this just a big pain to propery hammer in? If so I
really feel sorry for people who have to string barbed wire fences.