Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak

Default Two ceiling fans on a single control?

Charlie Bress wrote:
What I would suggest is that you look into remote controls that are
available at the big box stores.
These have adjustable codes set by switches in both the receivers and the
remotes. If you set the codes the same for both fans, then one remote will
set the two fans in synchronization. This way you don't have a concern about
the power requirements.

Charlie

May not work as expected. I have two fans in a sunroom that are
controlled by remotes. I tried to set both fans so they both work off
one remote. What happens is that the signal may activate one fan and not
the other and then they go completely out of sync. One fast, one slow or
not at all, or vice versa. One set of lights on, the other off, etc. The
only way to get them both to work the same is hard wiring the two together.

"HerHusband" wrote in message

My in-laws have two ceiling fans in their living room. Currently the
lights
are controlled by two separate light switches (in one box), and the fans
are controlled by pull strings. As part of a rewiring project, I'd like to
rewire the fans to be controlled by wall controls instead of the pull
strings.

So, I'm curious if I could wire both ceiling fans to a single control?

Each fan has 4 lights, so that's about 480 watts for the lights. I assume
should be OK there as long as I get a control with the proper wattage
rating.

What I don't know is how two fan motors would cope on a single speed
control? Would this cause any problems?

Thanks,

Anthony

--