Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert

Default Can't Stop Humming

On 15 Jun 2006 23:56:14 -0700, "Ron" wrote:

Hi, Ross;

I only meant that a new shielded cable would probably solve my hum
problem, though
it's part of a bigger problem in that this house has a noisey
electrical environment that
affects every kind of amplifier from the very sensitive ones used in
biofeedback equipment to the guitar's amp.

Ron

by "noisy electrical environment" do you mean you experience all sorts
of pops and crackles in audio equipment? Noise of this type will most
likely be caused by poor electrical wiring and connections. Hum
induction is highly unlikely provided good techniques are used in the
manufacture of the audio equipment and the house wiring is in good
order. Poor electrical wiring can produce loud buzzing and/or
hum/static noise due to large potential variations where poor
connections occur.