Glenn Ashmore

Default Harbor Freight tool grinder?

lane wrote:

There was a huge thread about this back in June. The subject was

"Tool and
Cutter Grinder fm Harbor Freight Tool and Cutter Grinder fm Harbor
Freight ". Do a Google Groups search.

Here is one quote from it: That isn't really a "tool and cutter
grinder". A real tool and cutter grinder is a very different
machine. That thing is mainly useful for touching up lathe bits and
other single point tools. It is not suitable for sharpening end
mills, dovetail cutters, Tee slot cutters, etc.

I couldn't sharpen an end mill or a dovetail cutter with a $10,000 CNC
grinder. I have hard enough time with my drill doctor. :-) I send
all that stuff out. All I want to do is grind single point turning bits.

I bought the one sold by J&L Industrial a couple of years ago (their
price was $159). It is basically a Chinese copy of the Baldor, at
about 1/5th the price. It accepts the same plate wheels as the
Baldor.

I sometimes wonder if there is just one set of patterns for each machine
in China and all the foundries share them to make molds. Yours is
probably very close to the HF. How is it working?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com