Posted to alt.home.repair
lee_houston

Default Two ceiling fans on a single control?

"HerHusband" wrote in message
Each fan has 4 lights, so that's about 480 watts for the lights. I assume
should be OK there as long as I get a control with the proper wattage
rating.

A simple light dimmer rated above 480 watts can control both lighting
fixtures on a pair of wires.

What I don't know is how two fan motors would cope on a single speed
control? Would this cause any problems?

If you get the wrong fan controller it certainly could cause problems.
this one is designed to handle Multiple fans on a pair of wires:

http://www.ylighting.com/mod-mf009a.html Click on picture for more
detail.

So a dimmer in one outlet box can power all 8 bulbs. And a multple
fan controller can power both fans.

lee h