Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default Finishing cherry

A dye would do well. Even a light stain job would be fine. I have no problem
with staining anything you like. It's up to you to achieve the look you
want. If stain does that, great, stain it.
If someone else doesn't like it, let them make their own. Yes, the paint
remark was a joke but only in as far as it was obvious that that was not the
look you were after. Painted furniture is fine if that's the look you want
but you would likely make it out of something less than cherry if you were
going to do that.

"eclipsme" wrote in message
.. .
Jay Pique wrote:
CW wrote:
That or paint.

Har! I just lurv painted cherry.

JP

OK. Funny, funny. I get it. I love the look of natural wood as well, but
if I wanted to darken the sapwood just a bit, is there a way without
loosing the depth and beauty of the cherry?

Thanks,
Harvey